Sunday, February 01, 2015

The Power Of AND...

Time and again she has proved that she has that special dimension of “AND” in her, apart from the usual “OR” factor that has been tagging along with every woman of my country since decades. Time  has changed and so has the woman of India. She has proclaimed to her people that she is no less than anyone in the world. The woman of my era has gone to space, has become a world champion in sports, has grabbed gold medals in Olympics, has taken charge of the country, has taken top positions in services, has proved herself in every field – be it of medicine, engineering, mountaineering, writing, teaching or banking.

It is my mother who demonstrated to me and taught me the power of “AND”. She also taught me that a woman is not weak in any sense. In fact it is only a woman, who even after proving herself successful in every walk of life, has been at the core of all life.

I remember an important episode which she handled in a beautiful manner that probably nobody else would have been able to handle. It was the day for my JEE Main, and my examination center had been allotted at a college in Gurgaon where I had to report before 9 AM. We started well in time but never knew what we could be facing en-route and that too when we had covered more than fifteen kilometers and hardly five kilometers were left to reach to the destination. The time by my watch was half past eight, which was more than sufficient, for us to reach the examination center.

There was a big mob ahead and a day long strike was about to begin, heralded by the local villagers in wake of no water being supplied in the area since the last three days. Their plan was to stop all vehicles on both sides, and we had no alternate route to take. There was no way to reverse the vehicle as there was a long queue behind our car. My mother got down from the car and did a very sensible thing.

Instead of persuading the old men and women of that village who were initiating that roadblock, she approached a few youngsters standing nearby belonging to the same village. She told them the whole story and convinced the boys of the paucity of time in hand. They made sense of the whole incident and let us go from the side by making much space to let our car pass.


That is something quite intelligent she did, by letting others know that it is only the route of “AND” she takes and not that of “OR”. She decided to go that way only as we had neither the time, nor the space to go back “AND” she was also determined that I must reach the destination
in time to attempt my exam. I am pursuing my engineering successfully and I owe it all to my mother. Thanks Mom, for inculcating and setting an example of this power of “AND” in you.

---



This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus.
Theme: Journey From OR to AND.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Coming Over!
Your Suggestions And Reactions Are Valuable. It would feel great to respond to you. Do respond and remark here in the Comments Section!